Brrrr! It’s cold outside! I just read that the East Coast of the USA was the coldest place on Earth last week. We’ve also gotten our fair share of snow recently. This morning’s two inches made me start wishing for spring. Our pups are not pleased to be outside long and neither are we. Instead, Meyer and I are sitting by the fire with cups of tea in hand. So in honor of this freezing winter weather, I thought I’d gather a beef stew roundup. What makes it the perfect anytime winter meal is the amazing amount of permutations that you can make with a core of a few simple ingredients like stew beef, onions, carrots, and celery. All you need to do is add one or two additional ingredients to totally change the flavor profile. You can add some tomato paste and wine to make Beef Daube, a tablespoon or two of curry paste to give it an asian taste, or some beer (GF of course!) and potatoes to make an Irish stew.
- You can’t go wrong with Dorie Greenspan’s classic Beef Daube.
- For a spicy asian style meal try Against All Grain’s Crockpot Thai Beef Stew.
- The Pioneer Woman’s Sunday Night Stew sounds like the perfect meal to end the week with.
- This ‘Not Guinness Stew‘ by Paleo Parents satisfies that gone but not forgotten hankering.
- Jamie Oliver’s Beef Tagine brings the exotic flavors of North Africa into my kitchen. I’ll just leave out the chickpeas!
- Merit + Fork’s Paleo Beef Stew explains that simplicity is key in the perfect stew.
- Sancocho or Puerto Rican Beef Stew from The Noshery is pure comfort food on a cold winter’s night.
- A master like Jacques Pépin certainly how to make the ultimate Beef Stew in Red Wine Sauce.