Citrus fruits always remind me of the holidays. That warm sweet smell that perfumes out of an orange each time you peel one open. That squeeze of lemon that makes a hot toddy. Receiving gifts of citrus seemed exotic when I was a kid. We usually were sent a package of oranges and grapefruits from far off Florida (or what seemed to me so far away). Now I also love using citrus fruits to decorate my holiday table. I’ll even make winter pomanders by pinning cloves into oranges. A simple tablescape could use just a big bowl of oranges and some pine boughs cut from the yard.
- This Apricot Orange Chutney would be perfect to serve on Christmas with pork.
- A Honey Bourbon Hot Toddy would warm me up on a cold winter’s night.
- How about these Gluten-Free Spiced Orange Chocolate Cookies to spice up your holiday?
- Grapefruit Vanilla Curd sounds divine! I’d love to fill a buttery gluten free pastry tart with it. Then garnish it with a bit of candied grapefruit peel.
- This grain free Key Lime Coconut Cake sounds like a summer dream in the middle of winter. I wish someone would send me a box of key limes!
- A simple Meyer Lemon Tom Collins would be the perfect cocktail at a holiday party.
- Add a dash of citrus to your salad with an Olive-Orange Vinaigrette.
- Try your hand at making Sous Vide Limoncello if you dare. I do love a good shot of limoncello!
- Roast Lamb with Orange and Lemon would be a great main course for a holiday meal.