Summer hasn’t officially ended but my thoughts are focused on fall. School has started, catalogues are pushing Halloween costumes, and stores are already selling thick sweaters. I’m ready for the trees to turn and the humidity to take a hike. I love summer clothes but I’d be ok throwing on a sweater for a chilly morning walk or an evening sitting on our screened in porch. Besides all this, I’m craving winter squash. I guess I’ve had my fill of zucchini for the year. We’ve certainly eaten our share of summer squash. Raw, sautéed, fried, grilled, basically any way you can make it. But I’m done. I say no more zucchini at least for a bit. An early fall recipe roundup is getting me in the mood to cook some heartier meals. In our house, I’ll start with some spaghetti squash as that’s easy to use all year round and then I’ll delve into the kabocha, acorn, butternut, and hubbards.
- I’ll definitely make Paleo Parent’s Spaghetti Squash alla Carbonara this winter.
- This recipe for Braised Meat with Butternut Squash is exactly what I’m craving.
- The thought of brussel sprouts makes me dance right now–like this Warm Brussel Sprout Toss.
- Nom Nom Paleo’s Spicy Vietnamese Beef Stew sounds delicious with ginger and star anise.
- Bake Chicken with Mascarpone would be a crowd pleaser and easy to make.
- Who can resist a Roasted Chicken with Truffle Butter?
- These Paleo Fried Apple Pies sound like the perfect fall treat.
I’m count the days until it’s ok to make all these chilly weather meals. Until then, I’ll be dining on salads and grilled meat dreaming of a cool wind and a braised dish in my oven.