Last weekend we went with my family to a car show, well a Concours d’Elegance in Cambridge, Md. I call this our Eastern Shore road trip as it’s a quick getaway from Washington, DC. It’s only about two hours if you can time the Bay Bridge. There’s several cute towns to walk around, shop, dine, and spend a romantic weekend. Of course, on this trip all I have is pictures of cars even though we did take a day to drive around some of the towns and enjoy ourselves. So bare with the car show picture with the Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay in the background. It’s a nice resort to make as your base for an outing to the Eastern Shore. Somehow, I never took any photos of the towns! I’ve previously enjoyed a weekend visit to St. Michaels, MD. Other towns to explore are Easton, Oxford, and Cambridge.
Gluten free dining can be tricky when traveling. I haven’t dined at all restaurants listed but I did get a bit of info on places to dine in Easton, MD if one is gluten free from Gluten Free Bakery Girl. Please always call ahead to confirm that your special dietary needs can be accommodated.
Places to stay:
- Barlett Pear Inn (Easton)
- Inn at Perry Cabin (St. Michaels)
- The Combsberry Inn (Oxford)
- Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay (Cambridge)
- Five Gables Inn and Spa (St. Michaels)
- Barlett Pear Inn (Easton) One of the Washingtonian Top 25 restaurants of 2014.
- Bistro Popular (Cambridge)
- Theo’s Steaks, Sides, & Spirits (St. Michaels)
- Gluten Free Bakery Girl (Easton) Delicious gluten free treats.
- The High Spot Gastropub (Cambridge)
- Out of the Fire (Easton)
- Hill’s Drugstore Soda Fountain (Easton)
Places to Visit:
- Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum (St. Michaels)
- Take a day trip to Assateague Island
- Visit a historic 19th house like The Cray House (Stevensville)
- Traveling with kids? Check out Delmarva Discovery Center (Pocomoke City)
- Take a ghost tour! Check out Chesapeake Ghost Walks for in several towns.