Just because it’s Fall it doesn’t mean that Meyer has turned his nose up on salads. He’s just as interested in ever-sometimes to my chagrin. But since the season is changing so is the produce. Our easy summer salads of tomatoes and cucumbers are not long for this world. I’m always up for change (at least in food) so I need to get cracking to find with some salads that satisfy his crunchy veggie cravings and yet bring the variety back to the table that keeps me interested. I’m looking for hearty fall greens, crisp cut up fruit, and roasted vegetables to make switch up our salad repertoire. I’ve pulled together a fall salad roundup that would be a great selection of new salads for our evenings meals.
- Roasted butternut squash, artichoke, and goat cheese salad– yum!
- This Golden Beet and Grape Salad would be a perfect dinner party side.
- A spicy Carrot & Coconut Salad would warm your stomach on a chilly day.
- Why not use a very under utilized veggie like Kohlrabi for a Kohlrabi, Apple, and Watercress salad with Sumac Yogurt Dressing?
- I could get into this Crispy Autumn Kale Salad with pomegranate, bacon, and goat cheese.
- Spicy Bean and Quinoa Salad would keep you going.
- Ohh this Fall Vegetable Slaw just made my mouth water with it’s use of fennel and pears!
- This sounds pretty perfect to me: Roasted Shiitake and Asian Pear Salad. It’s earthy, crunchy, and sweet all in one salad.
- Say goodbye to summer with this asian inspired Fire-Crushed Cucumber Salad.