Happy Chinese New Year! In honor of the Year of the Ram, I pulled together a gluten free asian recipe roundup. Asian food and in particular Chinese food can be difficult to navigate dining out when gluten free. I find it easiest to replicate some of my favorite dishes at home. But never fear there are fabulous gf asian restaurants out there! Hunt down a local Vietnamese or Thai restaurant. Be sure to quiz them about their menu and their cooking procedures (and maybe even bring in a GF Dining Card explaining your needs in their language). PF Chang’s and Pei Wei are other great options to satisfy your craving for Chinese takeout. But in the mean time break out these recipes to satisfy that Chinese takeout hankering.
- Crispy Duck Summer Rolls are an easy way to get a GF asian fix.
- Hoisin Pork with Rice Noodles sounds delish! I love recipes using rice noodles. Just remember to search out GF hoisin sauce!
- Chicken and Vegetable ‘Lo Mein’ from Primal Palate would satisfy my take out cravings.
- Kalbi or Korean Short Ribs are a favorite of mine. I can’t wait to try this paleo and gf version!
- These paleo Egg Foo Youngish pancakes are a rift on the American-Chineese dish Egg Foo Young. They sound like the perfect on the go breakfast treat.
- Use spiralized sweet potatoes as noodles to soak up this Thai Red Coconut Curry.
- I’d ready to make this Egg Drop Soup recipe from Paleo Parents. Maybe for Sunday brunch!
- For an Thai inspired dessert why not make some Mango with Sticky Rice?