Navigating a gluten free diet during the holiday season can be very hard. I miss my mother’s stuffing made from extra large king loves of fluffy white bread. Someday I’ll get around to recreating her traditional white bread stuffing with tons of butter and celery. The dessert table is hard as well. Pumpkin pie is a favorite of mine for Thanksgiving. However, desserts are a bit easier now that I’ve gotten some gluten free baking under my belt. But if they haven’t for you there’s also so many places to buy prepared gluten free treats on the web. Here’s a gluten free Thanksgiving roundup of some bakeshops near and far to get your holiday sweet tooth fix. While it might be too late to order some of these treats for Thanksgiving be sure to keep them in mind for the rest of the holiday season!
Around the web:
- Kyra’s Bake Shop is high on my list of places I want to try. Her cinnamon buns make my mouth drool. You bake them up in your own oven so you’d never have to tell guests that you didn’t make them from scratch!
- Bread Srsly is a San Francisco gluten free sourdough bread company. Hello sourdough gluten free stuffing!
- Williams-Sonoma has significantly increased their gluten free bakery items. Just be sure to read how each baked good is prepared as at least some are baked in a shared facility.
- Mariposa is a San Francisco gluten free bakeshop with several locations. They also have a collection of goodies they ship across the country.
- Order from Babycakes in NYC for some delicious vegan and gluten free baked goods and cupcakes.
- Rise Bakery is new on the scene in DC with gluten free breads, bagels, and baked goods on 18th Street NW.
- The Happy Tart specializes in elegant gluten free french pastries just outside of Alexandria, Va.
- Sticky Fingers bakes up delicious vegan baked goods. They do make wheat-free treats but please remember it isn’t a gluten free facility. They’re opening a bakery bistro on H Street NE in 2015.
- Dough Bakery sells their goodies at local markets around DC and online. Stay tuned for a retail store coming soon.