I’ve always loved New Years Eve. Even as a child, before I began to really celebrate the start of the New Year, I enjoyed watching my mother get ready for a night out with my parent’s group of friends. Red nails, a spray of perfume, and a few jewels from her dresser drawer were her signature primp. The memory still flips my stomach. I’m not sure why it was exciting for my parents to go out maybe I’ve always loved special events. I might not wear red nail polish when primping but I’ll certainly treat myself to a new lipstick to celebrate the New Year. I’ll also be sure to pop a bottle of champagne and slowly sip some bubbles to cheers the long end of one year and welcome in the fresh start of the next.
In my mind New Years Eve calls for a glass of bubbles! But why not jazz up your celebratory beverage with a sparkling cocktail instead of simple Champagne? Here’s some recommendations to indulge in a New Years cocktail or two.
- A true classic sparkling cocktail like the French 75 can never go out of style.
- What could be more perfect for the holidays than a Juniper Champagne Cocktail?
- A blooming champagne cocktail made with rose water and a hibiscus flower brings an exotic twist to your holiday.
- A Cork County Bubbles will put a kick in your dance step with Jamison and Chartreuse.
- Perfectly combining sweet and savory flavors in your glass would be a Pear and Thyme Fizz.
- The most classic of all Champagne Cocktails adds just some bitters and a sugar cube.
- A Valencia Royale sounds fancier and tastier than a mimosa with a twist!
- A simple but perfectly holiday appropriate Pomegranate Champagne Cocktail would be an easy and delicious party drink.