After hours of researching the perfect cake for my birthday this week, I thought I’d share some of my top picks. This is the third birthday that I’ve been gluten free. While I miss a delicious bakery cake, I think I’ve found some tasty recipes that satisfy my cake cravings each year. While I’m all for easy recipes, I’m not looking to buy a box of gluten free cake mix. I want make this cake from scratch. For some reason, all those recipes I’ve been searching through are for chocolate cake. I guess I know my preference. For my birthday festivities it has to be a gluten free chocolate cake!
- I’m already swooning over the flavor combination of these vegan gluten free Salted Chocolate Lavender Cupcakes. They’d be perfect for an afternoon tea party!
- Ok so this isn’t cake but I can’t resist Gluten Free Buckeye Brownies. Peanut butter and chocolate-yes please!
- This Fallen Chocolate Cake is a rift on a cloud cake. I’m not sure what that is but a flourless chocolate cake sounds delicious to me.
- A good friend swears by the Hershey’s Perfectly Chocolate Cake recipe. Just use Cup4Cup or your favorite gluten free flour blend to make it GF friendly.
- How about a Nutella Cake that’s naturally gluten free?
- A bunt cake is one of my favorite styles of cake. This Gluten Free Sour Cream Chocolate Bundt Cake checks off all my requirements.
- This Paleo Zucchini Chocolate Cake looks so good I’ll forgive that it has vegetables in it.