I’m looking to brighten up my summer outdoor dishware. I think some bright plates will make hosting dinner parties even more fun on our porch. Most sets are melamine so they’re almost indestructible. I’ve found that melamine has been redeveloped since my youth so now there’s not the worry that they’ll bend into an unusable mess when they’re cleaned in the dishwasher. Melamine is great for many reasons for big parties as it’s not your regular dishes to clean, they won’t break around a pool or any hard surfaced patio, and they’re reusable for the next party. I’ve pulled together a range of summer dishware from brightly colored sets to those that are a bit more reserved. There’s a time and place for all so maybe that just means you need to buy more than one set this summer!
- These nautical theme plates from West Elm would be festive for Memorial Day.
- Target’s Mudhut Marika Salad Plates makes decorating with vibrant colors and exotic patterns economical as well!
- I can’t resist Lilly Pulitzer’s Big Flirt Tumblers. Cocktails certainly seem Palm Beach ready in these cups!
- These Veracruz plates from Williams-Sonoma would add a south of the boarder theme to your summer fiestas.
- Anthropologie goes Under the Sea for their oceanic themed plates by Voutsa.
- Although this vignette only shows tangerine dishware, Fiestaware makes so many brightly colored dishes that I’d challenge you to resist mixing them together. Half the fun is the mishmash of a Fiestaware rainbow.
- The sea is certainly popping up as a theme for outdoor dining this year. Crate and Barrel’s delicate School of Fish dishware is a subtle way of bringing a playful theme to the table
- Pier 1’s bold and bright Sunny Floral dishware would certainly brighten up anyone’s table.