What’s better in mid-summer than a summer squash roundup of recipes? Gardens are bursting, farmer’s markets are filled with them, and I know I keep scratching my head on new exciting ways to eat zucchini and summer squash.
Simply grilled zucchini with olive oil and a dash of salt is one of my go to quick meals. But sometimes my palate won’t let me get off that easily. Here’s a few recipes that I know I’ll cook this coming month.
- Food 52’s post for Julia Child’s Tian de Courgettes au Riz certainly sounds fancy but I’m drooling to try this shredded zucchini, parmesan, and rice casserole.
- Against All Grain’s Zucchini Noodles sound delicious and light. The perfect gluten free/grain free pasta alternative.
- Cooking Light’s Summer Squash, Bacon and Mozzarella Quiche is delicious sounding and only 300 calories. It would be easily adaptable with a gluten free crust.
- I make Smitten Kitchen’s Zucchini Rice Gratin as many times as I can during the summer. It’s delicious.
- Buttermilk Summer Squash Soup isn’t something I’d think to make but 101 Cookbook’s recipe intrigues me. It sounds like the perfect summer soup.
- Love and Lemon’s Zucchini Corn Salad is making me impatient for sweet summer corn. The trifecta of summer vegetables play in this salad-zucchini, tomatoes, and corn.
- Slim Palate’s Zucchini Fritters are not only paleo but gluten free! Almond flour is the key binder.
- This simple recipe for Zucchini Butter by Jennie Cook posted on The Kitchn would be perfect for a party appetizer.