I’ve got beach vacations on my mind. Puerto Rico, Bermuda, St. Lucia, Hawaii, San Diego Rehoboth Beach, LBI, Bar Harbor, Fire Island and to name a few. Even know it’s summer it’s time to start planning your winter or spring beach trip!
For a shorter trip a smaller inns might be perfect. They have an intimate feel that I love.
- I have friends who swear by the Chatham Bars Inn. This quaint Cape Cod town would be a perfect New England getaway.
- I had a wonderful weekend in Nantucket long ago. I’d love to go back and stay at the White Elephant Hotel. Maybe in the shoulder season though as this little island can get very busy during the summer.
- Asticou Inn near Arcadia National Park in Maine would be a different kind of beach vacation. One with chilly water! We don’t mind cool weather so this would be a perfect August vacation. One with lots of shellfish and blueberries too.
Larger hotels have more amenities and activities. There’s something to be said about a grand old hotel.
- I’ve wanted to stay at the Hotel Del Coronado in San Diego for many years. This grand resort would certainly give me some needed R&R.
- Have a February trip in mind? St. Lucia is a perfect getaway. Staying at a chocolate plantation sounds divine doesn’t it?
- Going with the family clan? Maybe Aulani, Disney’s Hawaiian resort would have something for everyone.
- Vieques, Puerto Rico would be a perfect winter getaway. The W Retreat & Spa sounds like a perfect place to stay.
For a week or longer beach vacation look into renting a house. Who wants to eat out every meal anyway? A house gives you the option to cook some nights it also is a great idea if you have several families visiting together. Check out VRBO for a range of available rental houses across the USA. in smaller beach towns this is your best bet but remember to book a year in advance to get the best selection.